Vacations - Lgood

Do Not Touch!

November 8, 2015

This plant is commonly known as the "Devil's Club" (Oplopanax Horridus). It is common to the moist conifer forests of Alaska, and is not to be touched. The leaves are covered with tiny spines that break off easily, and cause severe pain and extensive skin irritation.

We were warned several times by our Rainforest guide to stay clear of it and not to touch. Their leaves are large, and they do bear flowers and fruit. The fruit is toxic to humans.

However, I thought the light coming through the trees into the forest lit up the leaves of the Devil's Club so nicely that I couldn't resist taking a photo of one of them. Believe me, I stayed a long distance away however.

Have a delightful day today my friends!

Thank you for your comments and critiques.

Linda

Devil's ClubOplopanax HorridusAlaska RainforestPoisonous FruitLightMoistGreenCOPYRIGHTLgood Photography

From Daily Photos 2010 - Present